[rescue] Sun2: Looking for the 1.X Boot PROMs

Jon jlo at ludd.ltu.se
Sun Apr 15 03:26:30 CDT 2018

On 15 April 2018 at 05:06, Steve Piette <steve at simon.chi.il.us> wrote:

> What's different is part of why I'm attempting to track them down.
>
> There was only a short comment in the documentation (which I now can't
> find to quote)
> and a few references that they exist dug up searching Google and various
> old archives.
>
> I'm hoping they might add some of the features that Sun 3's got like
> extended diags and perhaps QIC24 support at that time.

The biggest change is the switch from ND boot to TFTP boot so that sun-2s
can work in natively in NFS-based networks.

The new sun-2 PROMs are described in document 800-1736-10A.
It doesn't mention QIC24, but there is an extended test sequence.

I'd be interested in a copy if you happen to track down one of these newer
PROMs. The extended tests might prove quite useful.

- Jon