[rescue] Sun2: Looking for the 1.X Boot PROMs

Steve Piette steve at simon.chi.il.us
Sat Apr 14 22:06:03 CDT 2018

> tor 2018-04-12 klockan 22:24 -0500 skrev Steve Piette:
> /
> />/ Yes,
> />/
> />/ I'm looking for the last version of the 2/1XX Multibus CPU boot/ /PROMs.
> />/ The SunOS 4.0 documentation mentions distributing them and I've seen
> />/ references for a 1.1.2 version but don't know which CPU type they
> />/ were //from or find a copy.
> />/
> /
> What is the differences between the different versions ?
> Is it support for extra memory  or other boot devices ?

What's different is part of why I'm attempting to track them down.

There was only a short comment in the documentation (which I now can't
find to quote)
and a few references that they exist dug up searching Google and various
old archives.

I'm hoping they might add some of the features that Sun 3's got like
extended diags and perhaps QIC24 support at that time.

--
Steve