[rescue] Top vs. Bottom posting (was: revived: TiBook G4 867...)

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sat Apr 14 16:40:37 CDT 2018

On 04/14/2018 03:08 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> (actually looking for a modern equivalent of demime, as I think I had to
> compile it from source the last time I reinstalled..)

    This may actually be a "feature" of the modern world where all
manner of stuff other than plain old ASCII run rampant.  So, it does
not surprise me at all that you had to build from (perhaps rather old)
source to get the executable.  The odds of finding a "modern" version
may border on minuscule.

    Personally, I'd call the omission a mis-feature, or even a bug
when it comes to things like this list, but who am I to oppose the
likes of Apple and Micro$oft.

    For what it's worth, I use the "trim assiduously and in-line
post" methodology.

    For the pedants, take note of my sig-block.  It's that way for a
reason.  (Hint: It's a ruler.)

    Cheers!