[rescue] Thanks, yall.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Apr 6 15:02:05 CDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 02:20:43PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>So right now the only "fun" thing going on for me is trying to rebuild and
>upgrade this '09 Mac Pro that work gave me last week, and y'all have come
>out of the woodwork to contribute and sell me bits and parts to get those
>upgrades done.  It's literally the only reason I've enjoyed life at all the
>past week or so, getting to tinker again.

And, I finished the upgrades today.

Mac Pro (2009) with the 4,1 -> 5,1 firmware hack
CPU: 3.2Ghz quad-core Xeon (upgraded from 2.66Ghz quad-core.. I still have
   Arctic Silver thermal paste on my fingertips..)
RAM: 32G of nice Dell ECC server RAM in place of the original 16G
Primary Boot: Samsung 830 128G SSD, on an OWC PCIe controller card.
Other drives: Two Intel 710 100G SSDs in primary drive bays,
              One Sun-branded 1TB 7200rpm HD in primary drive bay
Video card: Radeon HD5770 (I also ended up with a NV800GT, but the
            Radeon arrived today, a week earlier than expected, so
            the NV was only in for about two hours).
OS: High Sierra OSX 10.13.4

Thanks, y'all, for all the help and parts and such.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas USA