[rescue] UTF-8 [was what can you do with an Apple Quadro 840AV]

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:04:03 CDT 2018

I'm confused, what is the point of this debate/discussion (which has, for the
most part, been quite civil)?

That UTF-8 is preferable to other character encodings?

That it's the list owner's fault the mail list software doesn't cleanly handle
UTF-8?

That it's the reader's fault the mail list software doesn't cleanly handle
UTF-8?

That curly quotes are the responsibility of the person doing layout?

Or something else?

Lionel