[rescue] Sun V240

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Tue Oct 31 22:36:57 CDT 2017

Here are a couple of Wikipedia pages that discuss Solaris 11 Express

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris_(operating_system)#Development_release>

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSolaris>

In short, it was a preview release of Solaris 11, prior to the actual GA release.

The reason that I continue to find value in it, is that it (S11Express) not only
turned out to be a very stable and feature rich release, it (again S11Express)
was release prior to Oracle pulling all the drivers for pre T and M series
equipment, meaning, if your hardware ran fine on S10 and/or OpenSolaris, chances
are that it also ran Solaris 11 Express fine also.

During my time at Verizon, my workstation was a (Sun4u based) SunBlade 2000
running Solaris 11 Express, and I never had any problems.

You probably are not going to find a download link for Solaris 11 Express at
Oracle, especially not without a support contract.  However, it is available in
the darker corners of the Internet.

Jerry