[rescue] T5220 update

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 12:52:42 CDT 2017

I found on Google a document from Sun entitled bT5120 T5220 TTTb that
looks like an binternalb overview PDF of a PPT stack that describes the
servers in some detail.

Link:
http://ftp.ocs.ru/sun/Products/Systems/Niagara/PRESENTATIONS/T5120%20and%20T5
220%20TTT.pdf

(TTT = Train The Trainer?)

My two big takeaways are:

All memory DIMMs must be the same, and as noted previously only 4x, 8x, or 16x
configs are supported, and it specifies a max of 64 Gigs

System supports SAS -or- SATA, canbt mix both on same backplane. (Not
specified, but I suspect the 32 Gig Intel SATA SSD option might have been an
exception)

Also, I downloaded and burned Solaris 10 u11 GA(2.6 Gigs) and Solaris 11.3
(0.8 Gigs), apparently the Solaris 11 install relies on an internet connection
to install other software, including Studio development tools.

Hope to fire up server with two SATA drives, and I apparently have three
choices for drive configuration: JBOD, RAID0, RAID1.

(On Oraclebs website therebs also a USB Solaris 11 installer, but Ibm
old-school enough to prefer DVD install media.)

Lionel