[rescue] SATA on SPARC systems

CLIFFORD HAIGHT klemish at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:35:48 CDT 2017

There are a lot of alternative options for disks. I have a SCSI2SD 5, ACARD LVD TO IDE, SCSI SSD and a SCSI to PCCard.   For my Sun Ultra 5 I have a SCSI card which is a massive improvement over the built in IDE interface.   I would at some point like to pickup a Fast SCSI to SATA adapter, but I have enough options.     The SCSI2SD 5 isn't fast and in general is slightly slower than my physical SCSI drives.   The 6 promises to be a lot faster but I am okay not with a one drive per device.     I also kind of like have a removable media drive as I can swap OSs just by swapping the card.  You can do this with the new version of 6, but can't do it with the older version I have.