[rescue] Fwd: [chiclassiccomp] Some Older/Mostly Newer Sun Equipment

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Oct 12 16:51:00 CDT 2017

On 10/12/2017 05:37 PM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> You learn something every day.

  They day I don't will be the day I start pushing up daisies.

> OTOH, I'm still pretty certain that FDDI, and even its copper
> counter-part CDDI never ventured above or below 100 Mb.
>
> If that comment is also incorrect, I would love to read more.B  My one
> and only FDDI experience was implementation of a FDDI MAN backbone on
> Laughlin AFB back in the early-mid 1990's.

  Excellent.  But no, that other point is not incorrect; the only
implementation of FDDI to see the light of day was 100Mbps.

> It was good stuff in its day.

  It was fantastic.  It kicked the snot out of 100Mbps Ethernet in
pretty much every way.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ