[rescue] Fwd: [chiclassiccomp] Some Older/Mostly Newer Sun Equipment

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 08:27:05 CDT 2017

Q: anyone got a lead on an RJ-45 serial to USB adapter that is known to both
work well with Sun equipment (like, say, a T5220) and a windows
laptop/desktop?

Ibve got Cisco light blue cables that will put my sun console on a nine pin
serial port, and while I still have desktops with serial ports on them, for
flexibility sake Ibd like to get a suitable serial<->USB cable compatible
with sun and Cisco management ports.

Any pointer to reasonably-priced, known-good cables?

Thanks,

Lionel

> On Oct 12, 2017, at 1:20 AM, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> wrote:
>
> Following up on Lionel's post, I would love to have one or both of those
T5220's, but unless shipping is an option, it would probably be cheaper to
pick one up on eBay or something similar vs a drive to the great white north.