[rescue] ISO burning for Solaris booting

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Mon Oct 9 15:41:46 CDT 2017

FYI -- On my V120 I'm still having issues getting ISOs to build a bootable
DVD.
Tried burning two different ways on my Mac and tried two different drives
in the machine.

No joy so far.   Following up on the Sun Enterprise 3500 thread about
having problems booting,
I'm wondering how others have gotten ISOs burnt that boot well.     I don't
have access to another
drive for the box... I do have two more DVD burners I'm going to try (but
those two require I get another
machine re-constructed and booting).

Does the size of the blank DVD matter?

I'm going to try Mike Spooner's suggestions (quoted below) but wanted to
get feedback, I'm assuming booting a V120 class machine from DVD isn't an
issue, correct?

Earl

On older Solaris releases, "short read" errors can indicate trying to boot