[rescue] Sun-3 memory board troubleshooting

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 15:07:52 CDT 2017

Hi Scott

If all else fails, try a methodical swapping round of chips and watch the
error move?

Sounds a tedious process I guess, but better than random changes?

Peter

Sent from my iPad

> On 2 Aug 2017, at 21:23, Scott Quinn <saquinn624 at aol.com> wrote:
>
> I pulled out my 3/110 for verification of my spare 3/110 CPU, but now under
heavy diagnostics the 3/110 shows a parity error on the 12MB+SCSI expansion
board.

> I tried re-seating all the chips, no change.
> The error on the console is "Parity error at address 0x00D3F428 EXP
0x2C5A5A97, Obs 0x2DA5A97" (and the expected parity calc.)
> Anyone have tips for how to map from the address to the board-level ICs on
the Sun-3 memory expansion/SCSI card? I have some spare memory chips out from
fixing a parity issue on the spare CPU board.