[rescue] Sun-Stuff searching for new home around germany

rescue.pkoch at dfgh.net rescue.pkoch at dfgh.net
Sat Apr 2 05:39:15 CDT 2016

Hi all,

we have been using two Sun 6800 (each fully equipped with 92GB of RAM
and 24 Sparc III processors 1.2GHz) for many years.

Now they are retired and must leave our machine room to make place
for newer machines.

Anybody out there willing to give them a new home? They are very good
in transforming electric energy into heat. And by activating only some of
the processor boards you can regulate the heat flow. Your wife will love to
stand behind it and use it as a whole-body blow-dryer.

Take one for free and you will get another one for no additional costs.

While rearranging our machine room, we found lots of other stuff that must
go away too. Here's a first list:

- Sun E250
- Sun A5200, A5100, D1000 (with lots of disks)
- Sun E450
- Sun L1000 (at least 2, another one is still in use for some months)
- Sun 6800 (2 fully equipped and lots of spare parts)
- Sun 880
- Sun 480 (at least 2, with spare processor boards)

Some pictureas are at https://flic.kr/s/aHskuakSMT I will add some
more next week

Peter