[rescue] What is this traffic?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Oct 29 13:35:24 CDT 2015

> On Oct 29, 2015, at 1:23 PM, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
>
> Most definitely. We have lousy power and both my UPS have died. But I still
> get 15Mb to my carrier HQ so the setup itself is working at full
> bandwidth. The only question is why the switch is going crazy only when the
> router is plugged into it.

I havenbt heard anything in this thread that validates your claim of it
going crazyb
.  Activity lights networking equipment, especially low cost
equipment intended for home use do very little to indicate actual traffic
levels.  It could be using <1% of the available bandwidth with some sort of
intermittant broadcast traffic attempting to discover other devices on your
network.  If the light bothers you, put a piece of tape over it.