[rescue] What is this traffic?

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Thu Oct 29 13:23:38 CDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 01:00:46PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Along those same lines, have you tried different ports on switch and/or
> router? What about a different cable run?

I think so but maybe it's worth trying again.

> It could be bad wire causing resends or a bad port on either device.

Ok, I'll check. Thank you.

> Is the cable run long between the two?

No, it's the shortest cable I have, I think it's about 2 or 3 feet long.

> Could the ports have suffered minor damage from a lightning strike nearby?

Most definitely. We have lousy power and both my UPS have died. But I still
get 15Mb to my carrier HQ so the setup itself is working at full
bandwidth. The only question is why the switch is going crazy only when the
router is plugged into it.

Thanks.