[rescue] Vector Plotters

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 5 14:34:02 CDT 2015

  While vector displays are indeed capable of continuous positioning, as
opposed to discrete positioning, the vast majority of vector displays
are driven from digital things, via a D/A converter.  So there are
discrete steps in there anyway.

  That's going to be the case with most anything...you will have a very
hard time getting away from discrete positioning.  You could build a
positioning system with DC servo motors, but at some point you'll be at
the mercy of their own resolution, which will give you the same sorts of
difficulties, but less predictably.

                  -Dave

Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA