[rescue] Replacement NVRAM/clock for Ultra 1E, success

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Sat Oct 3 04:48:31 CDT 2015

Hello,

If anyone is looking for a replacement NVRAM for a sun4u (in my case, a
Ulra 1 200E Creator), I can confirm a working replacement is the
M48T58Y-70PC1 that I recently bought from mouser (sorry, french site):

<www.mouser.fr/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=M48T58Y-70PC1>

They are a bit expensive but they work as a replacement for the M48T59, as
suggested previously on this list (<
http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue/2013-July/133978.html>). As far as
I can tell, it posts fine and does everything it is supposed to. I can even
stop the clock as per the instructions in the FAQ modified for the sun4u
(using virtual addresses, pgmap? doesn't exist), so the battery might last
a bit longer.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau