[rescue] Source for new IDPROM chips?

Barry Callahan barryc at rjlsystems.com
Mon Jul 1 14:01:27 CDT 2013

The M48T59 series integrates an alarm and a watchdog into the chip --
which the SUN machine doesn't need.
Look into the M48T58, which is still a current line, and digikey has stock.

#/*****************************\
#* Barry Callahan
#* Technologist
#* RJL Systems
#* phone: 1 586 790 - 0200 x112
#*        1 800 528 - 4513 x112
#* fax:   1 586 790 - 0205
#\*****************************/

On 7/1/2013 12:56 PM, Andrew Hoerter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm restoring a few Sun machines and need a good source for new ST
> Micro M48T59Y-70PC1 parts (the integrated IDPROM/battery/RTC module).
> The usual suspects such as Mouser, Digikey, etc. seem to not be
> stocking these anymore (perhaps they're out of production now).  I've
> found a few companies in the U.S. selling them "age unknown" for
> exorbitant prices, and some Chinese companies on EBay claiming to have
> new ones cheap.
>
> Before I roll the dice on the EBay cheapies, can anyone point me to a
> known good source for these things at a reasonable price ($50?  Give
> me a break...)
>
> -Andrew

believed to be clean.