[rescue] Memory upgrade in Dell PowerEdge 2560

Chad Fernandez chad.fernandez at att.net
Wed May 27 19:09:43 CDT 2015

On 05/27/2015 06:37 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> "In theory, theory is exactly the same as practice, but in practice,
> it isn't." Yes, in theory, PC2700 memory is supposed to be backward
> compatible to PC2100. In practice I have personal experience of PC2100
> boards that really, seriously, no honest we really mean it, no
> kidding, I shit you not, *REQUIRED* PC2100 RAM. Or else. They either
> would not fully boot with PC2700 RAM, or would boot but then crash
> within seconds.

I will take your word for it.  In the back of my mind I've wondered if
something like that is my problem, but having nothing to back that up, I
went with the info I could find.

Do you think that's likely given that I actually have a usable system
with the one stick that works?  It does not crash.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA