[rescue] ultra 1 power supply question

George Wyche g at cjwyche.org
Sun May 17 12:19:26 CDT 2015

Nothing happens when I press the switch to "1".

I've used this Ultra 1 because of its f77 compiler that is married to it
as per a license we had with Sun back in 1996: 1 user at a time on that
workstation. So now that I have been porting away 3 fortran programs to
maintainable Fortran, I only turn the Ultra on every few months. All with
no problem. We even upgraded the OS to 8 about 10 years ago. All good.

This morning (to use that f77 compiler) I tried to turn it on. Nothing.
The 2 power supply fans do not turn. 120VAC does arrive at the power
connector.

Do any of you know if that is sufficient to condemn the power supply? For
instance I would get a bit further even if any of the power supply outputs
were being shorted?

Power supplies are still (it seems) available for like $25 before tax &
shipping which is what I expect to buy if this email comes to nothing.