[rescue] UUCP network

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Fri May 15 23:21:16 CDT 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 08:00:55PM -0700, John Floren wrote:
> Not sure what you mean by physical system--PCs with modems?
> OS is Linux and FreeBSD
> Probably keep to the US in terms of users.

So, you want to do it like we did it way back when?

You could get the book on it, written by Tim O'Reilly himself..

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780937175934.do

Amazon has a few copies for a penny plus shipping & handling.

Probably will work out of the box (especially on FreeBSD) and as
expected just by installing the software still and running it up.

cnews and INN are available (ie. cnews is at ftp.cs.toronto.edu/pub/c-news)