[rescue] looking for IBM System/36 software

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Mar 28 19:11:01 CDT 2015

On 03/28/2015 07:38 PM, Nigel Williams wrote:
>>   Probably.  I'd really like BASIC though, if I can possibly find it.
>> RPG might already by on there.  I'm just learning my way around the
>> system; I should be able to find out soon.
>
> Everyone can learn to love RPG :-) This would probably start an
> argument but I would suggest the System/36 is an "RPG-machine" in the
> sense it was built to run RPG. I can't imagine a System/36 machine
> without RPG.

  Indeed.  I'm not opposed to learning it.  I have a strong interest in
database technology, and I understand the combination of System/36 and
RPG is quite good at it.

> What you really want to find is FUNLIB:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.ibm.sys3x.misc/CRrBPe-BQl4/OePWFet7xiAJ
>
> "FUNLIB aka GAMES, STARBASE, TONUF, FUN&GAMES, F&G, PICTURE, et. al.,
> is a games library for the System/3, S/32, S/34, and S/36."

  It's installed on my machine.  Actually I'm not at all interested in
games, but they will be handy for demonstrative purposes and to keep the
kids interested. (this stuff isn't just here for ME..)

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3
New Kensington, PA