[rescue] SparcStorage Array

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sat Mar 14 08:13:46 CDT 2015

" From: Steve Sandau <ssandau at gwi.net>
"
" []
"
" I also had a power supply failure after replacing the original 2G disks
" with 4 and 9G disks, but that could just be coincidence.

i'm inclined to think coincidence; drive power budget has remained
pretty constant as capacities have grown.

" From: Peter Stokes <peter at ashlyn.co.uk>
"
" You are correct in that it needs the special SBus card, It know they normally
" come with one or two GBICs. The fibre cables are normal SC type. I have some

if it needs gbics i'd be inclined to with copper ones as easier to
work with, but maybe that's just me.  we aren't talking high speeds or
long distance in our setups here.

" It did come with a VXVM license (not VXFS from what I remember) built in for

that was it!  i was sure it was veritas something.