[rescue] Ubiquity of Windows in BRIC - was Re: VirtualBox anecdotes - was Re: A wee bit off-topic

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Jun 23 16:40:06 CDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:02:12AM -0400, Toby Thain wrote:
> Most of its users -- and everyone they know -- have only ever heard
> of, or seen, Windows.

Most people that want "windows" have no idea that you could even run
something else on their computers.  They just want "that thing over
there that does all that computer stuff".

Thus, the assumption people make that "oh, Mark, you know computers,
can you fix my system?" and the answer is no, probably not, I only
have one Windows system and that is to run Quicken.  I avoid all
knowledge of how to do anything further with it.  It merely frustrates
me and runs me back to my FreeBSD systems as quickly as possible.

mcl