[rescue] SunPCi software WAS::::Re: More basement cleaning

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jan 23 12:00:09 CST 2015

  That's for the PCI version; I believe John's board is the SBus
version.  I don't think I have the software for the SBus version, but I
might; I will look.

  For the PCI version, I have v1.3, v2, and v3.  I also have a lot of
notes detailing how to get a SunPCi-IIpro running under Solaris 10, if
that matters to anyone.

                  -Dave

On 01/23/2015 12:49 PM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> Assuming you have an Oracle support contract, I believe that all the
> software is available here.
>

> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/documentation/compact-pci-card-193027.html
>

> Jerry

>>> The software used to be freely downloadable from Sun.  I dunno where it
>>> went (probably the bit bucket), when Oracle bought them out.  I do
>>> see that
>>> the documentation is still available from Oracle (links on the SunPCi
>>> Wikipedia page), so that might help.  Rumor has it that the software now
>>> requires an active service contract to download.
>>>
>>> I had, and used, a number of versions of the SunPCi card (SunPCi, SunPCi
>>> II, SunPCI IIpro), for years, to do my Windows-required work, from my
>>> CycleQuad and Ultra 60/80 workstations.  It was a pretty decent solution
>>> for folks, like me, who only needed Windows for Outlook.
>>>
>>> - Alex

Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3
New Kensington, PA