[rescue] 3b2 Emulator

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:24:13 CST 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Andrew Jones <andrew at jones.ec> wrote:

> On 01/23/2015 10:27 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> *FIVE YEARS*  to successfully*join a mailing list*.....?!?
>>
>> Someone is doing something wrong.  That's beyond absurd into ludicrous.
>>

> List membership is moderated.  I think the signup queue gets pretty long
> sometimes.   (Not five years long, though)

The problem seems to be that, at times, the moderator is unavailable for
long periods of time.  I'm guessing that the queue for joining grows so
long that old requests are lost.  Over the 5 years that I tried to join, I
probably applied 3 times.  The third time was (eventually) the charm.

Much as I did like the list, when I got kicked in October, I decided not to
fight it, again.

- Alex