[rescue] Classicmp mailing list [was: 3b2 Emulator]

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Fri Jan 23 10:13:30 CST 2015

> However, it did take me almost 5 years to successfully join the list, and
> I'm not going through that incredible pain, again.  I've pretty much given
> up on Classiccmp.

Holy crap.  Where is this list being run, and with what software?  And
how the heck did they "lose" the list member roster -- don't they back
it up?  (I rsync the Mailman logs down every night so that I have the
complete subscribe/unsubscribe/moderate/etc. history, and I have a cron
job on the server that enumerates the members of all lists and emails
it to me every night.  And there are incremental dumps as well.  None
of this was hard to set up using standard Unix tools.)

---rsk