[rescue] Help! Spilled pop in my Sun type 7 keyboard

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Tue Aug 11 14:35:57 CDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 09:26:27AM -0500, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> I spilled about a quarter of a can of Rock Star in my Sun type 7 keyboard.
>
> Aside from the standard comments, I'm wondering if anyone here has
> disassembled one of these for cleaning or repair.

No, but I do have experience with drinks repurposed as keyboard killers.

I would say it is important to flush it out with good clean water until the
stream runs clear, then dry it thoroughly, thoroughly before powering it up.

If any unforseen difficulties arise then checkout geekhack.org and
deskauthority.net. Those are the two keyboard forums I know about and the
depth and breadth of knowledge the guys have is amazing. Too much free time
and money!