[rescue] 3B2s, was Re: Seeking keyboard for an AT&T / Teletype BLIT 5620 termiinal

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Aug 11 13:01:31 CDT 2015

On 08/11/2015 10:22 AM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> There used to be a lot more 3B2 resources online, and many are still
> there. Unfortunately, it looks as though many of them have not been
> touched in 10+ years.

  What kind of touching should be done?  The 3B2 family is pretty
well-documented and preserved at this point, and nothing new has been
developed in that ecosystem (to my knowledge) in decades.  The machines
themselves aren't getting any easier to find.

> I'm hoping that if we get a working 3B2 emulator in place, it ( the
> emulator) may stir up and/or renew interest.

  I think there's a good level of interest.  A lot of people I know are
looking for 3B2s...there just aren't many out there that are up for
grabs.  The few people willing to sell them are asking for gigantic
amounts of money for them, ensuring that they will stay put.

  I have a /300, a pair of /310s, and a /500.  I am very much interested
in acquiring more for the museum, and am actively searching.  None are
turning up.

                -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ