[rescue] ZFS Merkle trees/git graph integrity - Re: Has freshmeat.net disappeared forever?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 11:00:48 CDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:39:09AM -0400, PAK wrote:
[...]
> There have always been constraints that have limited my (personal)
> opportunity to deploy a system supporting ZFS. Right now it's space and
> decibel limits.

You're thinking of the good old Thumper here, aren't you?

Unless you actually need a 48 disk zpool, you can use a rather smaller and less
thirsty machine. I'm using what is essentially a cheap gaming PC, except I
skipped the graphics card and put in a SAS HBA and filled it with disks. It's
quiet enough for me to sleep in the room with it running.