[rescue] Has freshmeat.net disappeared forever?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Jun 25 07:48:00 CDT 2014

>>> It seems to me that git is very much based on the idea that Linux
>>> is all there is [...]
>> That has not been my perception of it.  [...]
> I know, you and I have been over this, and we'll just have to agree
> to disagree.  I don't like git, and I don't need to use it, so I
> don't.

Oh, certainly.  I don't like some things you do, too; that doesn't mean
there's anything wrong with either of us.

>>> Have you tried building it from source on another platform?
>> Yes.  [...]
> I wasn't talking to you ;-)

:-)  Well, you _were_ talking to the list, which includes me....

>> I'd be willing to have a stab at setting up the git I use, if you
>> like.
> Thanks, but I don't have any use for git and would not have even
> tried to get it on one of my S10 zones except somebody asked for it.

The offer is good for other people, too; if anyone would like me to
have a stab at setting up git and is willing to give me an ssh login,
I'm game.  (I am unlikely to succeed unless the OS is POSIXish.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org