[rescue] Has freshmeat.net disappeared forever?

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Wed Jun 25 01:09:00 CDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 05:08:42PM -0400, Mouse wrote:
> > It seems to me that git is very much based on the idea that Linux is
> > all there is [...]
>
> That has not been my perception of it.  It _is_ very much based on the
> idea that it's running on a basically POSIX system, but it is not very
> Linux-specific.

I know, you and I have been over this, and we'll just have to agree to
disagree. I don't like git, and I don't need to use it, so I don't.

> > Have you tried building it from source on another platform?

> Yes.  I build it on NetBSD on (almost?) all my machines.  But - see
> below - git is not a single thing.

I wasn't talking to you ;-)

> I'd be willing to have a stab at setting up the git I use, if you like.

Thanks, but I don't have any use for git and would not have even tried to
get it on one of my S10 zones except somebody asked for it.