[rescue] Has freshmeat.net disappeared forever?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 01:51:10 CDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 04:39:45PM -0600, Richard wrote:
[...]
> Really, if you care about portability for C/C++, you should be running your
> code through MSVC as well. clang is designed to be gcc compatible, so it
> doesn't detect non-portable-but-gcc-ish code the way MSVC will.

And who is going to stump up the thousands of pounds to buy the hardware and
software licences to do that then? If somebody wants me to support their weird
platform, I'll do that - for a price. People who want me to do this sort of
drudge work for free shouldn't be entirely surprised if I prioritise their
request somewhere below unclogging the drains or dealing with HMRC.