[rescue] Has freshmeat.net disappeared forever? WAS:::Re: What to do with the SS20

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Jun 24 17:36:18 CDT 2014

In article <53A9ECA4.7090906 at oryx.cc>,
    Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc> writes:

> Among other things, I primarily do network and Unix administration.  When I
> download source code to compile, I want it to be in the form of a tar.Z, or
> tar.bz2 or .... you get the idea.

Github has releases since July, 2013.
<https://github.com/blog/1547-release-your-software>

So maybe it's not as bad as it used to be.

I'm relatively new (< 1 yr.) to github so I don't know all it's
features or workflow yet.  However, I left sourceforge years ago
because it's basically a popup spammy ghetto now.

I switched to codeplex.  However, codeplex is feeling less innovative
than it was when I switched, so now I'm probably going to switch things
to github to encourage more contributions.