[rescue] Fwd: Re: Might rescue a B1600 w/ B100s blades: licensing issues?

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Sat Jul 5 02:18:44 CDT 2014

Hi

There are no licensing issues and yes you use standard Network boot for
the SPARC blades and PXE for the x86. The disks are standard laptop ones
(ide).

The only issue most folk find is if the switch has had a password set.
Resetting is non trivial and not documented. If this is set, get back to
me as I managed to obtain the work around to reset it.

Best of luck with it, if you need any help get back to me as I have
setup/tested a few of these and still have one on the shelf.

Peter