[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 134, Issue 14

Ron Wickersham rjw at alembic.com
Wed Jan 15 18:02:13 CST 2014

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014, chase rayfield wrote:

> That is odd as Allen-Bradley phased itself out of electronics production. Is
> that perphaps very old stock or did they get back into the business? Pretty
> sure they still make PLCs though.
>

> The following document lists their phase
> out dates and recommended replacements.
> http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/files/electronicsdiv.pdf

yes, sadly Allen-Bradley shut down the plants.   my comment was on
reliable components as another post suggested that carbon composition
resistors were unreliable which is true for every other type other than
the hot-moulded AB resistors.  they were both electrically rugged but
also very mechanically rugged.  they were classed by NASA and military
as well as others as the most reliable electronic components ever produced.

-ron