[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 134, Issue 13

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 13:04:09 CST 2014

I recently picked up a couple old Dell 17" flat panels FP1702 (IIRC) for
$20/ea that had a very interesting feature - the display swiveled 90 degrees.
I have been doing a lot of eBook/PDF reading while working on my main desktop,
and that display rotated 90 degrees makes a perfect full-page display.

When I worked in a call center with techs that would look at long code/trace
displays they used to turn their second 21" widescreen display sideways to see
a huge run of code/trace info. A 1920x1080 display becomes a 1080x1920
display, showing a two page 'run' handily.

I always wondered why more people don't turn their displays sideways...

Lionel