[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 134, Issue 13

Scott Newell newell+rescue at n5tnl.com
Wed Jan 15 12:53:50 CST 2014

At 11:32 AM 1/15/2014, Fred wrote:

>Seriously though, about a couple of years ago I was doing work for a customer
>and determined their LCD display was faulty.  I had recently discovered that
>they (LCD's) too suffer from the bad cap problem, and with the customer's

I too recently repaired a few. Replacing caps wasn't enough for one
of them, so we just scrapped it out. I was kicking myself once I saw
(on hackaday?) that someone had removed the entire CCFL backlight and
diffuser and converted a monitor to a see-through configuration. That
looked nifty.

--
newell