[rescue] Trying to rescue a Sun Ultra 45

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Jan 14 11:41:04 CST 2014

I've seen issues like this with some non-sun workstations (big dual-opteron
HP for example). I'd get through POST and then a few seconds later it would
power down. Trying again immediately wouldn't make it through POST before
powering itself down.

I removed the cooling assembly, cleaned and reapplied thermal paste,
replaced cooling assembly, and it ran for weeks (until I decided to use
something else). .