[rescue] Some thoughts on our hobby..

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 19:36:28 CST 2013

I am legally prevented from complaining about high pries for older 'kit',
having profited greatly off the initial wave of higher than average prices on
the way down.

I sold dozens and dozens of Ultra 2 systems I bought as scrap for a healthy
profit, but at fair market prices (IMHO - I would have bought them at the
price I sold them for, that's how I measure fair market value).

I would like a nice TRS-80, and I always liked North Star S100 systems with
their walnut tops, but I'm not sure what I'd do with them, now that they are
around 35 years old.

They have no discernable value as a computer to do work with, but have value
for emotional/sentimental reasons. You aren't paying for an old piece of
electronics, you are rewarding someone for not taking your dream system to the
electronics recycler twenty years ago...

Lionel