[rescue] Ultra 60 RAM installed backwards

Eric J itssciencefriction at gmail.com
Sat May 11 15:55:58 CDT 2013

So, I set serial port A to RS232 and connected from kermit on HP-UX.
When I turn the Ultra 60 on, I get "RREEDD SSTTAATTEE
EEXXCCEEPPTTIIOONN" on the console (the doubled letters are not a
typo). If I start it up with only the master CPU (either of the ones I
have), the doubled letters go back to normal but it still shows that
error. I know this means some kind of hardware problem but IIRC
there's no way of finding out what in particular is wrong other than
trial and error. But I'm not about to blow money on replacement CPUs,
RAM, motherboard...