[rescue] Solaris 7

Christopher Purdy escher.beretta.2112 at gmail.com
Sat May 4 22:38:23 CDT 2013

Barry - Yup - I installed BSD on it and its was quite slow, expectedly...
so I decided to see about solaris and then learned of the untimely demise
of the ability to download Solaris... but I did find the docs server and
looked up the hardware docs - and yes 7 supported the SS2... so I figured
why not give it a try..

Only problem is that now my Sun addiction is back in full force... not very
good in my wifes eyes, let me tell you... :)

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Barry Callahan <barryc at rjlsystems.com>wrote:

> I thought 6 was the last release to support the SS2. Regardless, I know
> I've got copies of both at the office.
>
> And since that box WAS running the last supported release (whichever it
> was) as a desktop workstation before it became my firewall at home, I don't
> have any qualms about making copies for you.
>
> or, if you decided you wanted original media for your resurrected
> collection, that could probably be arranged, too.
>
> Christopher Purdy <escher.beretta.2112 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Good day all,
> >
> >[Note: Bill - if this is contrary to the rules of the list - I
> >apologize -
> >but I figured that sinced solaris 7 WAS free, and since I WAS a
> >subscriber
> >until the demon lords at Oracle took over, that it would only be a
> >minor
> >infraction...  If its a problem feel free to delete this post and let
> >me
> >know.. thanks!]
> >
> >Can any of you assist me in an .iso of solaris 7 for my new SS2?  I
> >seem to
> >have divested myself of all my solaris media, or at the very least
> >placed
> >it in deep storage.
> >
> >A temporary ftp link for the evening would suffice..
> >
> >Much abliged!
> >

> >--
> >Christopher Purdy
> >www.promethean-visions.com
> >
> >--
> >This message has been scanned for viruses and
> >dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> >believed to be clean.
>
> --
> --
> believed to be clean.