[rescue] 13w3 video adapter issues

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Dec 17 13:08:20 CST 2013

" From: rescue <rescue at hawkmountain.net>
"
" Watch out on that Barracuda (ST15150N).  For their time they were nice
" drives, but they run HOT, HOT, HOT.  I doubt an LX will cool it enough
" to have a long life and you'll likely suffer bearing failure.

i agree.

" []
" Anyone have an experience running those in a pizza box, lunchbox, 411
" drive box, or multipack that can share heat/longevity experience ?

nope, but i ran a pair of the slower hawk st15230ns in a sparc2 for ten
years.

" -- Curt
"
"