[rescue] 13w3 video adapter issues

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 11:35:52 CST 2013

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk said

>Standard resolution should be 1152x900 on the old systems, always an
>issue with the vga and up to 1024x768 monitors.

Managed to find the manual for the monitor. Claims it can do 1280x1024
and has a max horizontal of 70 khz and vertical 160khz. Still, that's
not one of the factory presets and I'm betting something is out of range
on it.

Ordered a null modem cable from amazon so I can get into it with my
terminal and then I'll try resetting it to  1280x1024 at 67 (LX is supposed
to have that one & the monitor is supposed to handle it) in OBP and see
if the old beast can handle that.

May just have to track a flat screen though I'd prefer not to for my
wallet's sake :(
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.