[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 133, Issue 12

Steve Rikli sr at genyosha.net
Sun Dec 15 19:00:22 CST 2013

There were various 3rd party scsi box solutions from that era in many
shapes and sizes and configurations which housed all manner of
peripherals -- unbadged may be an indicator this was one of them.

Sun also sold a fast/wide scsi box (rather than single-ended scsi of the
"411" chassis described earlier) which was approximately the same width
but deeper.  Those were marketed more to the Ultra* family iirc, and
used SCA connectors for the internal drive rather than the 50-pin of the
411 boxes.

sr.