[rescue] Looking for an IPX OT: picture of a SLC 4/20 or ELC ?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Dec 13 19:40:45 CST 2013

>> I don't miss [CRTs'] weight, no.  I don't miss [...].
>> I miss [...].
> My space is at a premium and I dont miss their SIZE!!!

Ooh, yes, I missed that.  I don't miss their size either.

> IMHO, my 3 Dell 2007fp's blow the my old Sun/Sony GDM20E20 out of the
> water when it comes to crispness.

I'd have to look at the particular devices in question to say anything
relevant.  Certainly a good modern flatscreen will beat an old beat-up
unmaintained CRT, but that doesn't say much about the relative merits
of the two technologies.

> Also I can use my old Apollos in addition to my Suns (BW and color
> FBs) with my flatscreens...And the Dells automatically size the
> picture for what hardware I am using.

In my experience, CRTs do that too, and do it better in every respect:
they recover faster after a change, they mangle non-native-resolution
signals less, and they handle differing sync details better.

> Versatility is important to me...

It is to me too.  It's one reason I keep a few CRT monitors around.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org