[rescue] Looking for an IPX OT: picture of a SLC 4/20 or ELC ?

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Thu Dec 12 13:45:48 CST 2013

On 12/12/2013 02:04 PM, Mouse wrote:

> 3840x2160 or some such?  With a pixel clock of almost half a gigahertz
> (at 60Hz vertical), I suspect the interconnect is a major reason
> they're not wider-spread.

HDMI is 18 gbps. DisplayPort is 17 gbps. You will find one or both on
any computer sold today.

The interconnects have been ready for a long time, there just wasn't
enough demand for high-DPI panels.  I think the ramp-up for 4K TV is
driving the capital investment that produces inexpensive computer displays.

> However, 185dpi isn't all that high-res.  It's definitely getting into
> medium-res, but 300dpi laser printers taught me I can see 1/300" under
> many circumstances, and I don't consider it really high-res until I
> can't see one-pixel differences under pretty much any circumstances.
> (My idea of high-res is something like a 2400dpi digital typesetter.)

It's not high-res compared to print, but nothing is.  It's certainly
sharp enough to rival a monochrome CRT.