[rescue] Looking for an IPX OT: picture of a SLC 4/20 or ELC ?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Dec 11 13:51:25 CST 2013

> Never actually saw an SLC/ELC in the flesh...

They're nice little machines.  I ripped the interface boards out of
something like a dozen of them, back when then-$JOB was getting rid of
them, with the intent of mounting them like blades or some such.
Unfortunately they have AUI Ethernet.  Fortunately I still have my AUI
multiport transceivers (I have twisted-pair transceivers, but not all
that many of them).  Unfortunately AUI still means 10Mbit max.

> Wasn't there a project that took a bunch of ELC MBs and put them in a
> rack as a sort of cluster?

I think I heard of something of the sort.  One of my pipe-dream
projects was to do such a thing myself.  Never materialized, though I
think I still have the guts of the machines.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org