[rescue] Sun T1000 disk and pcie options

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Tue Oct 16 00:45:18 CDT 2012

This question pops up now and again, and I am confused why you would
want to run anything other than Solaris 10 or 11 or one of the *Solaris
distro's on it.

If you join the OpenIndiana mailing list (I am assuming that you are not
already there), Martin Bochnig just recently completed an OpenIndiana
live distro just last week that would run on this box.

Even if you had lunux or what ever up and running without any issues,
what would be the point?  you would loose out on all the neat things you
can do with a cool threads/Niagara processor.  It would be like going
out purchasing the latest x86 processor, then running nothing other than
FreeDOS on it.

I'm not intentionally picking on you, but this isn't the first time I
have seen this, or a similar question.  I just don't see the logic in
running anything else.

Jerry