[rescue] Open source packages for Solaris

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Thu Feb 23 20:35:29 CST 2012

Joshua,

You didn't state any specifics, but I am assuming that you are using
Solaris 10 or earlier.

If you are using Sparc and want to use prebuilt packages, Solaris 11 may
be the way for you to go, assuming you have the hardware.

If you are on x86/x64, Either OpenIndiana or Solaris 11 are easy options
if you want a lot of prebuilt packages.  And there are easily a couple
dozen other Solaris based distro's that have various options.

Is there an application in specific that you are having problems
compiling that prompted this question?

Jerry